Tuesday 17 July 2012

Suri Bids Bye to Her $3Million Closet


From divorcing Tom, now Katie prefers that her glamorous daughter, Suri's, wardrobe be "normal".

At a young age, Suri has been seen wearing designer and expensive clothes, most of the time to match her mom's. Imagine this six-year-old girl, owning a closet with an estimated value of USD3 million.


Yet now, as reported, Katie has been returning gifts and freebies sent by designers for Suri. Surely a way for Katie to start her daughter's life in a conservative manner.

What really is the line between giving the "best" for your children? Is it the value of the things you buy for them or is it the mere fact that you provide more than what is needed for survival.

What is the line between being able to afford and being luxurious?

More after the jump.

Now that I am a mom, I am now faced with this dilemma, well, sometimes. Being so, I want to buy my child pretty things ---dresses, fashionable shoes, and clothes. But it doesn't change the fact that I can only afford so much. I could only choke being able to shell out HK129 (USD17) for a GAP jelly flats for example. But to buy a Dior baby shirt at more than HK500 (USD64) is already a different story. Yes, I can head to the counter without backing out, but the question will linger.

Is it worth the price? Is that shirt going to last long? Will she be able to use it for years? Which I am sure that it will not because at the rate of her growth spurt, her sizes these days won't fit, in say, 3 more years.

H&M, from HK99 to HK79
My guiding light is simple. If it doesn't bother me, I go ahead. If it does, I put it back on the rack then head to the next store.

As for Katie, I must say it's very humbling, not only for her daughter but for herself as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment